Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate courses - shopping carts and restricting access

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I understand how to create captivate 5 courses, but how do you sell and restrict accesses to them?

thank-you

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to our community

I understand that one method involves using a Learning Mangement System. Another method involves creating your own Web Site. Installing Wordpress on it, then acquiring some PHP scripts that assist with managing the content. Basically the scripts handle obfuscating the real link. They also facilitate connecting your site to a payment gateway such as PayPal or Google Checkout. Keep in mind that Captivate output files can be rather bandwidth hungry. So depending on your estimated activity, you may wish to also investigate using Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) for storing your Captivate content.

Having recently worked in this space I can attest that while it's certainly not rocket science, it's also not totally plug and play either. Prepare for LOTS of frustration. Not for the faint of heart. I'm still ironing out details on my own setup.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources