1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 11:34 AM by Redade

Creating Nested Flex Components at runtime !!

Redade

Hello,

I am trying to write an advanced image Gallery. I want to create categories and albums inside it . And at the runtime when user clicks the category i want to show the albums in a proper layout and the images in it too. So i need to create two components at runtime. One for albumContainer and one for Images. There can be three albums in a category and every album can have more than one image. I wrote all the functionalities for one album. I want to make it as an mxml component. My imageViewer is already a component.

As a sample code :

// This DataGroup is one Album. and i need more albums in one category...

<s:DataGroup id="gridViewers"  width="100%" height="100%" contentBackgroundColor="#EFDFDF"

horizontalCenter="center"

verticalCenter="middle"

>

<s:itemRenderer>

<mx:Component>

<s:ItemRenderer  horizontalCenter="center"  verticalCenter="center" >

<ns1:ImageViewer imageURL="{data.imageUrl}" horizontalCenter="center"

creationComplete="parentDocument.setFilters()"          

id="imageViewer"

FileAddress = "{data.FileAddress}"

jpgFileAddress = "{data.jpgFileAddress}"

sliceNumber="{data.sliceNumber}"

bitmapScaleFactorMax="5"

bitmapScaleFactorMin=".05"

width="{data.viewerwidth}" height="{data.viewerheight}"

x="0" y="0"

/>

</s:ItemRenderer>

</mx:Component>

</s:itemRenderer>

<s:layout>

<s:TileLayout />

</s:layout>

</s:DataGroup>

As you can see i have the code for one Album. But i need to create this album container in runtime with amount of the album count.

I hope i could explain my problem clearly.

Regards.