2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 10:35 AM by Jose M. Ramos

Broken Catalyst Pages

Jose M. Ramos Level 2

When Catalyst was released I posted in my website samples of Catalyst webpages I had worked on. I simply uploaded the "deploy-to-web" folder to the webserver using an FTP client. I use Mediatemple for web hosting. All of my samples worked and looked great.

Recently, I went to these samples and noticed that ALL of them failed to load and slapped me with an "Error #2046" message. You can see one of them for yourself here:

http://indesigntrainingpr.com/prerelease/ne/

I tried replacing the files to no avail. I've tried using different browsers and Operating systems. Nothing. Has this happened to someone else?

• 1. Re: Broken Catalyst Pages
          marc_hughes

I had the same problem with a Flex 4 based application that was built with the Flex 4 Beta SDK.  It just stopped working one day.

I re-built the app using the released version of Flex, uploaded and it was still broken like you suggest.

I cleared my browser-cache and it started working fine.

I did some redirect tricks on the server to point other users to a new url to avoid the caching problem and called it a day.

My guess was that it had to do with either an expired or removed version of the signed RSL at adobe that the beta version loaded.

-Marc

• 2. Re: Broken Catalyst Pages
            Jose M. Ramos Level 2

Thanks Marc. You're exactly right. Unfortunately, I'm not able to open with the latest release of Catalyst. I've tried to import it into Fl Builder but it will not build a final release. I'm afraid my Flex skills are as good as my cooking. Not good.

J.