When Catalyst was released I posted in my website samples of Catalyst webpages I had worked on. I simply uploaded the "deploy-to-web" folder to the webserver using an FTP client. I use Mediatemple for web hosting. All of my samples worked and looked great.
Recently, I went to these samples and noticed that ALL of them failed to load and slapped me with an "Error #2046" message. You can see one of them for yourself here:
I tried replacing the files to no avail. I've tried using different browsers and Operating systems. Nothing. Has this happened to someone else?
I had the same problem with a Flex 4 based application that was built with the Flex 4 Beta SDK. It just stopped working one day.
I re-built the app using the released version of Flex, uploaded and it was still broken like you suggest.
I cleared my browser-cache and it started working fine.
I did some redirect tricks on the server to point other users to a new url to avoid the caching problem and called it a day.
My guess was that it had to do with either an expired or removed version of the signed RSL at adobe that the beta version loaded.
Thanks Marc. You're exactly right. Unfortunately, I'm not able to open with the latest release of Catalyst. I've tried to import it into Fl Builder but it will not build a final release. I'm afraid my Flex skills are as good as my cooking. Not good.