2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 11:09 AM by Gorganzola1

This is probably very simple... *Help with loop

Gorganzola1

I'm new to flash and this is my first animation...

I'm making it in CS5 using AS2 and it features a snail with a movement loop.

The loop is in the library as a movie clip, it has 3 layers and is 19 frames long.

Because it is a snail in the loop it ends in a different place then it started.

The snail has to move along 97 frames after each movement.

I thought I could do this within the movie clip using some actionscript on frame 1 but I haven't really gotten to grips with actionscript so I was wondering how I should go about moving him every time the loop restarts.

Thanks in advance for any help... 

• 1. Re: This is probably very simple... *Help with loop
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll probably have to try to explain what you have versus what you want more carefully. There's disconnects between the snail, the loops, the 19 frames, and the 97 frames.

• 2. Re: This is probably very simple... *Help with loop
            Gorganzola1 Level 1

OK...

There is a snail object in the library that is a movie clip...

It is 19 frames long and shows one cycle of the Snails movement...

By the end of the loop the snail has moved 97 pixels (NOT FRAMES) along so when the loop restarts the object must be moved 97 pixels along...

I want some actionscript to move the snail 97 pixels along automatically every 19 frames...

I don't really have anything yet and because I am new to Flash I don't really know any actionscript yet...

I was hoping someone could tell me how to go about doing this and what script is needed...

*P.S. I accidentally put frames instead of pixels in the first post...