8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 2:47 PM by eternallearner

Project lenght

EnnioFR

Hi, I'm using Captivate 5 in Spanish.

I have found the lengh of each slide and the lenght of each object, where can I find the total lenght of a project?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Project lenght
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Try to apply the TOC, from the menu Project. There you will see the total duration of the project.

Lilybiri

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Project lenght
            EnnioFR Level 1

Thanks Lilybiri, this helps.

Is there any other way to check this information beside the TOC?, I thought there might be something in the properties or under the project menu.

Regards,

E.

• 3. Re: Project lenght
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Well, there used to be before Captivate was rewritten. Versions 4 and older sported a special view called "Storyboard".

tmp1.PNG

It would be helpful if you could add your voice to others that would like to see some form of this actually re-engineered in Captivate 5. You do this by submitting a Wish Form/Bug Report. (link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

• 4. Re: Project lenght
                periurban-dli

I think I must be doing something seriously wrong.  I am new to captivate 5 and have read various suggestions for how to get the total project time.  Nothing seems to work.  I tried going to the TOC under <project> and only got the skin editor.  I even tried F10 but same difference.  The TOC seems to be included, but there is no information at the bottom of the screen indicating anything to do with time.  Any suggestions?

• 5. Re: Project lenght
                  RodWard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As Rick mentioned, Cp5 doesn't give you any place in the interface to see the overall project duration like Cp4 did.

But you should see something like this when you publish your content and bring out the TOC:

This should appear even if you have Show Duration unticked in the TOC settings.  Do you see this at publish time?

TOCDuration.png

• 6. Re: Project lenght
                    periurban-dli Level 1

Rod,

Thanks for the quick response.  I see how it works now.  I first have to turn on the TOC and then preview again in order for the timing to show up.  I presume this also means that I have to be sure to turn off the TOC before actually publishing or I will not get a "clean" version for users.  Thanks again.

periurban-dli

David Iaquinta

Professor of Sociology/Demography

Nebraska Wesleyan University

5000 Saint Paul Avenue

Lincoln, NE 68504-2794

Phone: 402-465-2426

Fax: 402-465-2179

dli@nebrwesleyan.edu

****************************Quoting RodWard <forums@adobe.com>:

As Rick mentioned, Cp5 doesn't give you any place in the interface to

see the overall project duration like Cp4 did.

But you should see something like this when you publish your content

and bring out the TOC:

This should appear even if you have Show Duration unticked in the TOC

settings.  Do you see this at publish time?

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/52819/TOCDuration.png

>

• 7. Re: Project lenght
                      RodWard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think you need to turn off the TOC unless you don't want it in there at all.

The duration figure that appears in the TOC is updated every time you publish.

• 8. Display Time Re: Project lenght
                        eternallearner

I have recently learned a simpler solution from Forum User: Lilybiri.

This solution is still for Captivate 5.

First, make sure you update your Adobe Captivate version to 5.0.1.624  which came out in December 2010.

• If you don't know what version you have, go to Help --> About Adobe Captivate and the version number will scroll up the screen.  If you miss it, just wait and it will scroll back around. You may still have version 5.0.0
                        • To upgrade to 5.0.1.624, go to Help --> Update

After you have the upgrade installed, go to File --> Project Info

• Look for the "Display Time" and that represents the total project runtime in seconds.