7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 6:40 AM by Redade

! ArrayCollection Arrays !

Redade

Hello,

i need to add my arraycollections that i creat on runtime into an array. Is there something like arraycollectionlist that i can ue for that ? How can i do that in flex ?

• 1. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

An arrayCollection's .source is an Array.  If you have filtered or sorted,

then use toArray()

• 2. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
            BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi Redade,

You can simply take an Array and push your arraycollections dynamically created at run time in to that Array. Then you will get a List of ArrayCollections. Check the below sample code...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
            <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" creationComplete="init()">
            <mx:Script>
              <![CDATA[
               import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;

private var arrayCollectionList:Array = new Array();

private function init() : void
                 {
                   for(var i:int=0;i<5;i++)
                   {
                    var arrayCollection:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();
                    for(var j:int=0;j<5;j++)
                    {
                     arrayCollection.addItem({data:i+""+j, label:"label"+i+""+j});
                    }
                    arrayCollectionList.push(arrayCollection);
                   }
                 }

]]>
            </mx:Script>

</mx:Application>

Thanks,

Bhasker

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
              Redade Level 1

Thank you all. Specially BhaskerChari. Yes, that is what i am looking for.

Regards.

• 4. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
                Redade Level 1

Well, this doesnt work for me. i tried to use like that but not working as i want.

simply i want to create globel array collections at runtime. cause when i use same arraycolleciton as dataprovider of more than one components then at the end all of them has the same array collection. I need to create array collections at runtime with amount of my components and i must be able to use those arraycollections on other parts of my application. Is there anyone that can help me about that ?

Regards.

• 5. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
                  Devtron Level 3

^ You need to look into FlexGlobals.

import mx.core.FlexGlobals;

FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.myNewArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

or

FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.myNewArrayCollection = myOldArrayCollection;

Then you can reference it anywhere in your app, as long as you have the namespace reference (mx.core.FlexGlobal) in your ActionScript.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
                    Redade Level 1

Thank you. I am going to try that. I hope that one is the solution of my problem.

• 7. Re: ! ArrayCollection Arrays !
                      Redade Level 1

This is not my answer too...

think about you are creating a gallery site and you have categories and albums and images...

when i click to the categories i need to show albums and images inside those albums. so i need to keep images array for each album. and albums array for the category. so i need that thing. i did try so many things but nothing changed. i did create a component for album and keeped arrays in it...

but when the temp array that i used in the parent application changed all the arrays in albums changed...