5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 6:05 PM by MutantPixel

Stuck on video problem...

MutantPixel Level 1

Apologies, as I know this isnt a direct Dreamweaver problem, but I'm at wits end, I'm not sure where else to turn. None of my web buddies have been able to help me with this-

I'm building a *website* using Dreamweaver that when finished will be the documantation for a software program. The docs are being 'served' locally from the users hard drive once the app is installed. In it there will be embedded video on each page. I'm using H264 videos and playing them using Quicktime (as the app this is going with also requires quicktime). I can get the video to work exactly as I want on every platform and every browser EXCEPT Internet Explorer. I have IE8 installed and all I get is a quicktime logo with a question mark over it. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?? I am playing a still image before hand (the Quicktime Poster Image option) Then users click the image to play the video. Any insight into how I can resolve tis would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Here is the code I cobbled together to do it--

<div align="center">
                  <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" width="884" height="518" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
                  <param name="src" value="../../VideoPlaceholder.mov" />
                  <param name="controller" value="false" />
                  <param name="autoplay" value="true" />             <param name="loop" value="true" />
                  <param name="href" value="FinalVideo.mp4" />
                  <param name="target" value="myself" />             <param name="bgcolor" value="#545454" />           
                  <embed src="../../video/VideoPlaceholder.mov"
                      height="518"
                      width="884"
                      type="video/quicktime"
                      pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"
                      controller="false"
                      autoplay="true"
                      loop="true"
                      href="FinalVideo.mp4"
                      target="myself"
                      bgcolor="545454"
                      / >               
                  </object>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                      QTWriteObject('../../VideoPlaceholder.mov', '884', '518', '', 'CONTROLLER', 'False','AUTOPLAY', 'True', 'LOOP', 'True', 'HREF', 'FinalVideo.mp4', 'TARGET', 'Myself', 'BGCOLOR', '545454');
                  </script>
               </div>