5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 7:54 AM by Ned Murphy

How Do Change Text on Buttons

sage_morales

I want to add more buttons and or change existing buttons text, where do i do this?

• 1. Re: How Do Change Text on Buttons
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should go back to the original file and figure out how the movieclip-buttons are designed and create more like them (an inefficient design approach though).  Your newer version eliminated everything about the buttons involving text and code.

If that's too difficult for you, then just create an entire new set of buttons where each has its own text in the button... this wouldn't be far from what the movieclip versions do anyways.

• 2. Re: How Do Change Text on Buttons
            sage_morales Level 1

Is there any way to copy and change text and then move down the menu?

If I create from new how do I apply color change and shake movement   inv_b  instance I believe.?

• 3. Re: How Do Change Text on Buttons

Go into the original file and open one of the buttons for editing.  In the first frame there is actionscript telling a txt movieclip to go to a particular frame.  That txt movieclip is what contains the text for the button, and the frame that is used is different for each one used on the stage (you'll see the various copies in the library).

As I said... go into the original file and figure out how those buttons are designed if you don't know how to create your own.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How Do Change Text on Buttons
                sage_morales Level 1

Ned,

I consider myself pretty inteligent but sometimes the sure obvious things

are just not visible to me 'cause Im not in tune with your spirit or level

of conciousness.  I have spent 3 weeks and countless hours trying to

figure this out.  I have duplicated the movie tweens that change colort and

make sounds and naming them different name  and placing them on the stage.

I have created new symbols and place them in the txt movie clip with each action

script name but I do cannot make it wotk so that it has its own diffetent button label.

Also duplicated symbols and changed to new name in the library.  not working

• 5. Re: How Do Change Text on Buttons

Intelligence is not at issue here, nor is it one of being out of tune with anyone's spirit or level of consciousness.  It is simply a matter of ability... something you have to acquire--no one can bestow it upon you.  I doubt anyone here is going to take the time to take you step by step thru what you need to know to resolve this or do it for you.  Maybe you need to hire someone.

1 person found this helpful