I have an unique issue and it only occurs on certain Windows Vista systems.
A pdf was created with a combination of text and photos throughout the document. To eliminate the possibility that our pdf could be corrupted, we printed from other systems and the whole document printed perfectly.
These are the symptoms:
What we have done on the Vista system with this issue:
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone out there could help.
Can you try out this small exercise to know, if the system font itself is fine or not.
1. Open the PDF in Adobe Reader.
2. If you know the font of the text that has the letters missing, skip steps 3-5
3. Press Ctrl + D
4. In the window that opens up, click on the Fonts tab
5. Make a note of the fonts used in the PDF.
6. Open any other Text Editor (eg. MS Word) and paste the contents of the PDF in it. Try printing this document.
7. In case the letters are missing there as well, then in all probability its an issue with the system fonts.
Try copying the same from the other systems wherein the same PDF is opening correctly. Hope this is helpful in isolating the issue....