3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 12:23 PM by the_wine_snob

Cannot Incorporate Various Projects

crusader64

I have several video projects which I generated with Corel and Power Director that I would now like to incorporate with Adobe Premeire Elements.  It states that these type file, i.e. .vsp, etc. are not valid in Elements.......is there a way to incorporate these files and then save the new file in Elements?  I am using Windows XP.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Cannot Incorporate Various Projects
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In each of your other NLE's, you will need to Export those Timelines, and then Import the resultant files into a PrE Project.

If you have SD (Standard Definition) Projects in PowerDirector, and Corel, Export as DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV, and these will Import and edit smoothly.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Cannot Incorporate Various Projects
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Most welcome.

Now, one thing to consider is how much work do you want to do in the other programs, before you move to PrE.

Remember that you might have started with a long Clip, in say Corel, but then Trim that down. When you Export, you will only have that Trimmed section. Personally, I'd go to all of my clips in the other program, remove all Transitions, and actually extend each Clip a little bit, making the edit "looser," than before. This allows one some extra material, when they go to PrE.

The other way is to edit completely in the other program - until things are absolutely perfect, and the Export that. Since you have edited "tightly," you will not want to really do any editing in PrE, but only use it to assemble, or add new Assets.

Good luck,

Hunt