• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Rename a Topic ID in Map File to Avoid Conflict with Another Program?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robo 8 HTML:

Can somebody assist me in understanding how to rename a topic ID in my map.h file?

An application programmer informs me there are nine topic IDs (shown below) in my project map file which conflict with predefined names of constants/functions from the Visual Studio Libs program and, is requesting I change the names of the topics listed below to resolve topic ID conflict in order to enable F1 call for these topics.

#define Open    59

#define Save    60

#define Print   63

#define Cut     72

#define Copy    73

#define Paste   74

#define Clear   75

#define Status  81

#define Substructure  139

Can I simply alter the topic names and retain their associated map numbers in <Create/Edit Map ID> dialog to resolve the map file conflict with Visual Studio Libs program functions? Or, is there more work involved in changing a topic name in a map.h file?

Any assistance with this question is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Simply renaming the TopicID's in the .h file won't work. The TopicID is used in the alias file (projectname.ali) to link a map number with a topic. Also, you can use either TopicID's or map numbers to call the help. (Using TopicID's only works for WebHelp afaik.)

If you use map numbers to call the help, you can rename the TopicID using the mentioned dialog. No problem.

If you want to change the ID from the files, you have to change both the .h file as the .ali file. No changes to topics needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willam,

Thanks for the specific information note re: map numbers to call Help; and description of renaming TopicIDs in both <map.h> file and <projectname.ali> file.

Program conflict resolved.

Much appreciated!

robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp