6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2010 7:50 AM by gcrook

missing photos on dvd

gcrook Level 1

I made a slideshow in premier elements 8 and burned to DVD. Many of my slides were missing when I showed the slideshow on TV. Need help.

• 1. Re: missing photos on dvd
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which of the four methods for creating a slideshow in Premiere Elements did you use, acrook? (I explain each in my tutorial on this page: http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php )

Also, did you resize all of the photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per my books and the FAQS to the right of this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=0

• 2. Re: missing photos on dvd
            nealeh Level 5

Nowhere near enough information - look here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

One immediate thing for you to look at is the photo size. Typically for DVD they should be no larger than 1000 x 750 pixels.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: missing photos on dvd
              gcrook Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I am fairly new to photoshop and have 8000 slides scanned. I have created 5 slideshows of my sailing experience successfully by creating in photoshop 8 then sent to elements 8. Most adjustments were made to slides in photoshop.com. My problem started when I removed some copies as i created extras due to adjustments . I appreciate your answers.

• 4. Re: missing photos on dvd
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say you created your slideshows in Photoshop, I assume you mean you're creating a slideshow with the Elements Organizer's Slide Show Creator. Is that right?

And, if you did, you used the Send to Premiere Elements feature to send the slideshow to a Premiere Elements project, right?

So did you resize these photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, as we've recommended?

Regardless of your succes in the past, you're going to have problems with Premiere Elements if you're using photos that are larger than that. You MUST resize them or the program will overload.

I'm not sure by what you're saying, though, when you say you removed some photos. How and when did you do this?

• 5. Re: missing photos on dvd
                  gcrook Level 1

Thanks Steve:

I appreciate your interest and response. I solved my problem as the sync.

was not complete. Please tell me if your book gives ideas how to improve the

quality of slide shows on TV's. I have thousands of worldwide slides

especially of the old orient villages and enjoy sharing them with my

friends.All my slides were 35mm and scaned to my computer.

Thanks again for your interest.

George Crook

2471 Silver Palm Road

Northport, FL 34288-8633

email: gcrook1@comcast.net

George Tel: 941 323-0356

Joyce Tel:    941 323-0365

• 6. Re: missing photos on dvd
                    gcrook Level 1

Steve:

I am planning to buy one of your books. Please help me select the one most

suitable for a user of photoshop elements 8, premier elements 8 and

photoshop.com. My focus is slide shows from 35mm slide scans, improve by

using photoshop.com, burning to DVD for TV showing and giving access to my

family and friends. I am computer literate but fairly new to establishing

slide shows. Have many years of experience with powerpoint marketing

presentations. Your website is very professional.

I appreciate your help. Have a great weekend.

George Crook

2471 Silver Palm Road

Northport, FL 34288-8633

email: gcrook1@comcast.net

George Tel: 941 323-0356

Joyce Tel:    941 323-0365