5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 2:07 PM by Flex harUI

Drag Drop between different Flex 3 DataGrids

Sen Imagines

Hi,

I am using a Flex 3 <mx:TileList> component with a itemRenderer (myItemRend) in my work.

In the myItemRend file, I use a <mx:Canvas> as the itemRenderer

In the Canvas, I use a <mx:DataGrid>

I use an external XML file as the data source.

Once I get the XML data from a <mx:HTTPService>, I wrap it in a <mx:XMLListCollection> and I provide this as the dataProvider for <mx:TileList>

The DataGrid, which is in the itemRenderer of the TileList, displays the data corresponding to the nodes in the XMLListCollection (and the data has to be changed as a result of the drag-drop operations in the DataGrid)

I set:

dragEnabled="true" dropEnabled="true" dragMoveEnabled="true" properties of the DataGrid so that items can be drag-dropped with-in the items in the DataGrid & also between different DataGrids.

When I make a Drag-Drop between the DataGrids, the items are not moved between the DataGrids.

On viewing the <mx:XMLListCollection> after making this operation, the drag-dropped items are missing from the list.

Can I know how to reflect the updated data in the <mx:XMLListCollection> as a result of the drag-drop operation between different <mx:DataGrid>'s ?

Regards,

Sen