• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 crashes on Save

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working locally with RoboHelp 8 on a project with multiple TOCs and conditional tags. The problem started a few days ago when I generated output and the app would crash whenever I did NOT include a conditional tag. After much poking around in the forums I renamed and shortened the conditional tag names and this shortened the conditional build expression to less than 255 characters. This worked for a day and I was able to publish multiple times. Today RoboHelp crashes whenever I press Save. I backed up the project, deleted the CPD file, started over, and it worked fine for a few hours and then....crash again. Now I can't even open the project. I installed the 8.0.2 patch. I need help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this issue related to one project? If so, you may want to check the paths used inside the project as well as the CBT expressions. We've seen issues here with long path for topics, images, etc. It is good practice to use something like C:\Source as a root directory for your RH projects.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp