1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 4:32 PM by tzeng

Air application compiling but when run it cannot find flash.system.SystemUpdater

givemeascreenname2

Hi all,

I am trying to create an OSMF Player playing Flash Access 2.0 DRMed content in an Air application and I am having a bit of trouble.

I am developing in the latest release of FlashDevelop, 3.3.0, using the Air AS3 Projector project template, and I am compiling against the Flex 4.1 SDK and I am targeting Flash Player 10.1. I am also using the Flash 10.1 version of the OSMF.swc.

So, the problem I am seeing is that when the drm video content is loaded the OSMF player sees the need to update the player and so instantiate the flash.system.SystemUpdater class. At this point I see the following runtime error when running the application through adl.exe

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class flash.system::SystemUpdater could not be found.

at org.osmf.elements::LightweightVideoElement/createDRMTrait()
          at org.osmf.elements::LightweightVideoElement/onStatus()

Just to check that was the real error that was occuring I made a completely new Air project with a single line of code:

var su:SystemUpdater = new SystemUpdater();

which when run using the adl.exe tool results in the error

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class flash.system::SystemUpdater could not be found.

at runtime::ContentPlayer/loadInitialContent()
          at runtime::ContentPlayer/playRawContent()
          at runtime::ContentPlayer/playContent()
          at runtime::AppRunner/run()
          at global/runtime::ADLEntry()

Now I can't quite work out why I should see this error. The application compiles absolutely fine, and I have taken a look inside airglobal.swc and I can see the flash.system.SystemUpdater class is included, so this explains the fact that it compiles, but why is it saying this does not exist at runtime?

I have tried running with the Flex 4.1 SDK's version of adl, I have also tried running it against the Air 2 SDK version of adl and have the same problem.

When I package the content as an Air app, install and run it I obviously do not see the error message anymore, but I log some info to the screen that strongly suggests the same error is being thown. I also have the latest version of Air installed on my machine, todays release, but it did not work yesterday either on the previous release.

Finally, if I drag the generated swf into a browser window it works as expected.

If anyone has any ideas of what I have missed I would love to here them as I am beginning to go a little crazy!

Cheers

Mike