5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 8:40 AM by the_wine_snob

Reendering questions in Pr.Elements 8

Mr Nielsen

Hi

I have had terrible "performance issues" during playback of my edited scenes in Premiere Elements 8..then, thanks a lot, I realized that after adding each scene, I jsut hit enter to have Premiere reender the clips as I add them....after that the performance was a lot better, almost good enough...

Before closing down and exit my project I go "Save" from teh file menu BUT the next time I open up the same project, a lot of the scenes have again this little enoying red line above the scenes, indicating (as I udnerstand) that these needs to be reendered again ?? How come this doesnt get saved when I exit.....i have a project that is only containing like 15 minutes of video, and when I open up this project at the mment, hitting the "enter" key to reender the whole lot again takes ages !! To enoying but I guess i can over come this in some way....just not usre what to do - pelase give me some guidance. Help very appreciated!

Thanks

Helmut

• 1. Re: Reendering questions in Pr.Elements 8
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Helmut,

If one has chosen a Project Preset that matches their source footage, there should be no red line above the Clips, until one adds Effects, or an overlay of either a Title or PiP, or in areas, where one has added Transitions. If you have a red line above your Clips, when you drag them to the Timeline, it indicates a mis-match. What is your source footage, and what Project Preset did you choose, when you set up New Project?

For the loss of the links to the Render files, do you have either an external, or networked drive in the system, that is being used in the editing?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Reendering questions in Pr.Elements 8
            VanCityBoy Level 1

"the next time I open up the same project, a lot of the scenes have  again this little enoying red line above the scenes, indicating (as I  udnerstand) that these needs to be reendered again"

I have the same issue, which annoys me....my videos match my preset resolution. I noticed that this happens more often when I have pictures heavy projects....and my pictures are in 4,000 x 3,000 format! Sorry, but I am too lazy to downscale every single picture to 1,280 x 720 format I use, plus I use a lot of moving for my pics.

When will be the time when Adobe software wll NOT chock on "grossly oversized" pictures?

• 3. Re: Reendering questions in Pr.Elements 8
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This has been an issue with the program since the beginning, VanCity.

All things considered, it's a minor inconvenience to resize your photos -- especially if you use the batch resize tool in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

But, yeah, you're right. It would be nice if you didn't have to do it!

• 4. Re: Reendering questions in Pr.Elements 8
                the_wine_snob Level 9

You will do much, much better to Scale your still images in Photoshop, or PSE, prior to Importing them. This ARTICLE will give you tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Reendering questions in Pr.Elements 8
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  When will be the time when Adobe software wll NOT chock on "grossly oversized" pictures?

If you need to work with images at their native pixel x pixel dimensions, you will want to get Adobe AfterEffects, as it can work with much larger still images.

Good luck,

Hunt