6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2007 1:59 PM by Newsgroup_User

Dreamweaver On A Mac

bitznbytes
      Hi, I am a Windows User but have just switched to the mac. I'm using the new Dreamweaver and would like to have the same type of window-based work space in Dreamweaver. When it opens windows are everywhere - can I change it back to look like it does in Windows?????

Thanks,
      B
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver On A Mac
          Dooza (Steve) Level 2
          Thats the way Macs are I think.
          • 2. Re: Dreamweaver On A Mac
            joeq Level 1
            what kind of windows? do you mean all the various palettes – ie, css, files, behaviors, etc?
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver On A Mac
              Dooza (Steve) Level 2
              On the PC we have a grey background to the Dreamweaver program window, on a Mac you see the desktop. Each palette floats on the desktop. I have seen other apps do this on a Mac, and just assumed it was the way Macs work.
              • 4. Re: Dreamweaver On A Mac
                zagods Level 1
                Yeah there may be a way to change it, but it's a Mac issue not Dreamweaver I believe. It drives me nuts because I'm constantly missing a palette and clicking on the desktop or another ap in the background instead.
                • 5. Re: Dreamweaver On A Mac
                  Level 7
                  zagods wrote:
                  > Yeah there may be a way to change it, but it's a Mac issue not Dreamweaver I
                  > believe. It drives me nuts because I'm constantly missing a palette and
                  > clicking on the desktop or another ap in the background instead.
                  >

there is no way to change it, it's how apps work on Mac.
                  You can position and size your panels wherever you want, and Dreamweaver should remember your panels
                  positions from one session to the next.
                  So you can position and resize your panels in such a way that they cover all your screen if you want.
                  All in all you have more flexibility and freedom than with the PC version.

--
                  seb ( ---@webtrans1.com)
                  http://webtrans1.com | high-end web design

An Ingenious WebSite Builder: http://sitelander.com
                  • 6. Re: Dreamweaver On A Mac
                    Level 7
                    This is why you see so many Mac users with huge, or multiple screens, more
                    so than the PC. The Mac desktop frequently looks like a yard sale. This has
                    always been my biggest complaint about the Mac, if you have four or five
                    programs open at once, things can get really messy.

Fortunately with CS3 Adobe came to the rescue by allowing you to "doc" you
                    pallets, similar to the PC... unfortunately the new UI didn't make it to
                    Dreamweaver this time round. Hopefully next time.

--
                    Lawrence Cramer *Adobe Community Ace*
                    Cartweaver.com
                    ASP, PHP, and ColdFusion Shopping Carts For Dreamweaver

"(_seb_)" <seb@webtrans1.com> wrote in message
                    news:f7iv7q$j18$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > zagods wrote:
                    >> Yeah there may be a way to change it, but it's a Mac issue not
                    >> Dreamweaver I believe. It drives me nuts because I'm constantly missing a
                    >> palette and clicking on the desktop or another ap in the background
                    >> instead.
                    >>
                    >
                    > there is no way to change it, it's how apps work on Mac.
                    > You can position and size your panels wherever you want, and Dreamweaver
                    > should remember your panels positions from one session to the next.
                    > So you can position and resize your panels in such a way that they cover
                    > all your screen if you want.
                    > All in all you have more flexibility and freedom than with the PC version.
                    >
                    > --
                    > seb ( ---@webtrans1.com)
                    > http://webtrans1.com | high-end web design
                    >
                    > An Ingenious WebSite Builder: http://sitelander.com