1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 9:40 AM by the_wine_snob

Which GPU is right for me?

kfiocco1

I'm making short videos for the web using Premiere Elements 9 on a 32-bit Windows OS with 4 GB RAM. The software runs fine, but I want to see what I can do to optimize my station's graphic computing. I am in the market to buy a GPU or anything that will speed up the rendering process. I am not as experience with this type of hardware and would like some feedback on some afforable graphics card that I can have installed easily and will keep the editing going smoothly without waiting 10 minutes for it to render. Which GPU is right for my purposes? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Which GPU is right for me?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for, well tips & tricks.

Our MOD, Steve Grisetti will move this out to the main forum, where you will get a lot more views, and comments.

In the meantime, take a look at the Hardware Forum, and read all the posts by Harm Millaard. This THREAD is a great starting point.

PrE does not fully utilize the newer high-powered GPU's, like PrPro CS5 does, so you will likely not get that much improvement with Rendering, just with the GPU. A new CPU and great, optimized I/O sub-system (your HDD's, their controller type and how you have them allocated).

Good luck,

Hunt