8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 1:55 PM by rwcreativellc

How do i render MP4's as a single file

rwcreativellc

I have imported 15 seperate mp4's (which have stereo audio track and a video track in each one) into priemier 8. I have strung them together to make one long 1hr file. I am rendering as mp4 ipod highest setting and added the 320 res for highest audio. When they are completed, they are 3 seperate files - 1. ADTS Audio 2. MP4 video and 3. an itunes music player file. My question is; How do i make it all come back out just ONE file like they were when initially imported? I am going to be playing the new 1hr long file back through the ipod.

Thanks Much! _ rwcreativellc

• 1. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I've not used the iPod Preset, but check to make sure that you have the Multiplexing set to anything but "None." For most formats, the other choice is "DVD." This is the control that tells the encoder to combine the two streams, Audio & Video, into one muxed file.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
            rwcreativellc Level 1

Thanks Bill, I did notice that setting and set it on mp4. I've figured out the whats happening is that the rendering process is getting as far as 96% with 5sec left and then the whole thing stop and the program shuts down and goes away leaving me with a adobe "report your problem to our techs" screen. But what it also does is that in this process it deposit those 3 files i mentioned above in my initial discussion. It seems to just stop short of the combining process. the files aren't obviously coded correctly or even completed. I acually rebooted my PC and openned up the project again and tryed it agian and it worked one time successfully in giving me the congratulations your save was a success! And the file was 1- complete file in the "iTunes Video Player" format, and it played back and worked properly, however it still deposited the audio and video file seperately as well. I don't know if that is normal of what. I deleted those from the file and the iTunes Video Player file still worked great. So Its a bug somewhere in the software. It even does it when i try and save a 7 sec mp3 as an mp4 ipod and iphone choice in the shared area.

Any insight from anyone would be awesome. Thanks a bunch!

Roger

• 3. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
              the_wine_snob Level 9

How much defragmented free space do you have on your HDD's?

Often when Multiplexing cannot complete, there is not enough HDD space.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
                rwcreativellc Level 1

I have just defragged my HD and have 296GB of 500GB HD

My Sys is; Pentium Dual -Core CPU E5300 @2.60GHz Memory is 4.00GB - 64bit OS

• 5. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
                  ruarora

Hi Roger,

Try using  a different location for saving your MP4 file or delete the two extra files (audio and video ) from the shared location and check if it is still creating separate audio and video files during all exports.

• 6. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
                    rwcreativellc Level 1

I tryed a 7 second mp3 of the THX sound effect and used the Share setting of ipod and iphone and it took 29sec to render and right at the end is shuts down the program and opens up the; Adobe experienced a failure please send us a report.. blah blah..."

i also used a completely different folder and it made the same 3 files; 1 - video file, 1-audio file and 1-itunes video player file (which btw was 0bytes).

Also, i always delete the 3 files each time after a render attempt..

RW

• 7. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
                      ruarora Level 1

I am also getting the same behavior i.e PRE8 crashes when exporting using iPhone Preset and 3 files are created, but that is happening in case there is just audio present on timeline. In case I have an MP4 file (both audio and video are present)  on timeline, a single file is succesfully created. Could you please mail the screenshot of the dialog that comes up on clicking Advanced button? May be its related to some change in settings you have done . Did you tried exporting your MP4 files using the standard preset available with PRE "iPod and iPhone - High Quality" ?

• 8. Re: How do i render MP4's as a single file
                        rwcreativellc Level 1

In the "advance" button area, I tryed "medium quaility" with a 3min mp4 and it works just fine. But when I go to render my bigger file 262mb and 28minutes long, then thats when i have the problems, even with the medium and low quality settings. So it looks like I need a very big in resources, computer to do this?

i wish they could just have the software tell you what your problem is rather than just using terms like "fatal error," "unexpected failure and has shut down", etc. Why couldn't the software first do a resource check of the PC its running on and look at the file size and the job memory wise that it will take, then do some computing and tell the user that the PC does not have enough processing resources and or memory to complete this task. Please try freeing up some of your systems resources before trying again". Ya know, something like that would save all of this back and forth guessing game between mulitple users which can take days and weeks to troubleshoot if indeed my problem is just memory size and storage size. I think its completely irresponsible of Adobe.

Sincerely RW