3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 7:33 AM by ~graffiti

Printing large pdf's

bdud

I'm trying to print a large schematic that if it printed it on a single sheet of paper would be roughly 36" by 40".

I want to print it to individual 8" by 11" or 8" by 14" sheets that i will then tape together as one larger sheet.

I need to keep the scale very accurate so that the schematic traces match from sheet to sheet as I attach them.

Is there a grid printing function that I could use? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Printing large pdf's
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What you are looking for is commonly called "tiling" and unfortunately isn't available in the free reader. It IS available in Acrobat.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Printing large pdf's
            bdud Level 1

~graffiti:

not to be an ingrate, but i'll be posting this as a 'helpful' answer. i'm hoping someone has a workaround to my buying a $299 program. if they wanted maybe $99 for it i'd buy. i hope they realize that they have competition. but thanks for the reply.

bdud

• 3. Re: Printing large pdf's
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

bdud wrote:

~graffiti:

if they wanted maybe $99 for it i'd buy.

bdud

I believe there are other options out there for around that price but there's none I can personally recommend. Plus, if you DO find something that looks right, you'll want to check to see if tiling is available.

Keep in mind that Reader is made more for document sharing than it is for things like oversize prints. That's why they've probably never bothered to add tiling.

Good luck.