2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2007 7:06 AM by aspidistra

Navigating Btw Screens - Help!

aspidistra
      Hi
      I have made a two slide, slide presentation with transtions and although I know you can use the arrow keys to navigate to the next slide...is there a way of making it automatically go there after a few seconds?

do I use actionscript...if so - what and where??

Please help...any advice appreciated
      Caitlin
        • 1. Re: Navigating Btw Screens - Help!
          MaxManNH Level 2
          I have never created a slideshow, but changing frames in a flash movie is simply

_root.gotoAndPlay(frameNumber); or
          _root.gotoAndStop(frameNumber);

If you wanted to change frames after a couple of seconds I would use a setInterval or setTimeout function in the actionscript frame to do either of the above mentioned calls.

var intervalID = setInterval(changeSlide, 5000) //change frame after 5 seconds

//after 5 seconds change to the next frame.
          function changeSlide()
          {
          clearInterval(intervalID); //always clear intervals
          _root.gotoAndStop(2);
          }

Now that is what I would do for a movie or a game. I don't know if a slide show is different.
          • 2. Navigating Btw Screens - Help!
            aspidistra Level 1
            thanks
            However a slide presentation is created without necessarily using the timeline and I haven't - so everything is on the first frame for each slide.

It comes automatically with the arrow keys navigation ability to navigate backwards or forwards but there has to be another way to use actionscript to go to the next frame?!

thanks anyway
            cait