4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 11:56 AM by CR Henderson

PrE9 loses preview render

CR Henderson Level 3

I can render a clip using RETURN or Timeline->Render Work Area and I can see the .mov file created under Documents-Adobe-Premiere Elements-9.0-Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files-Test Project.  At the end of the render the line turns from red to green and previewing the clip is smooth.

If I immediately save the project using Command-S then exit using Command-Q, then execute PrE9 and reload "Test Project" the line has reverted to red and preview is once again jerky.  The .mov file still exists but for some reason apparently isn't being used.

Any idea why?

Update...I totally uninstalled PrE9, removed all prefs, all user files, all items in the library and re-installed.  It is now tracking the rendered clips correctly.

Since I am just learning the software and haven't started a serious project yet I can afford to remove and re-install.  Later on I won't be able to do that so if this is a bug I hope Adobe fixes it soon.

• 1. Re: PrE9 loses preview render
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Again, please make Adobe aware of these issues by clicking the Contact button at the top of this page.

They need to be logged in as bugs and addressed.

• 2. Re: PrE9 loses preview render
            CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Again, please make Adobe aware of these issues by clicking the Contact button at the top of this page.

They need to be logged in as bugs and addressed.

I have done so.

• 3. Re: PrE9 loses preview render
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

FWIW, this is sometimes happening with me too.

USUALLY it will save my rendered segments -- but sometimes short segments (transitions, for instance) need to be re-rendered.

Thanks for contacting Adobe, Clyde.

• 4. Re: PrE9 loses preview render
                CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

FWIW, this is sometimes happening with me too.

USUALLY it will save my rendered segments -- but sometimes short segments (transitions, for instance) need to be re-rendered.

I looked at the previews folder and found that all of my previews were there.  I was using a test project with two clips, no transitions, and several effects applied to each clip.  There was about 18 rendered files in the folder.  For some reason PrE9 was losing the link to the rendered file.

Normally when one renders a new file is made and the older one for that clip, if one exists, is removed.  PrE9 was acting as if it didn't see the files from the previous renders and creating new ones without removing the old ones.  It definitely appears as if the link to the new file was not being properly saved with the project or wasn't being read properly when the project was loaded.

This was only for the second clip.  The first clip was ok.