5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 8:43 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Adobe Media Encoder Appcrash in MSVCR90.DLL upon exit

vas16384

Hello folks,

I didn’t see a forum for Adobe Media Encoder (hereafter referred to as AME), but since we are using AME hand-in-hand with Premiere, I thought I would post this here to see if anyone had any insight to why this is happening. Thank you in advance if you can help me figure this out; I truly appreciate any and all assistance!

I am the computer lab manager for the visual arts department at a community college. We teach video production courses in which we capture audio and video footage into Premiere CS5 and then export that footage to AME CS5. We do this on PC hardware (Dell Optiplex 755 and 780 units) running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

The way that I configure the master image is to install all software (the Adobe Master Collection) under the administrator account, configure settings within the programs (an example, though it is not related to this, just to give you an idea as to what I do to configure the master image – since our PCs have 2 hard drives, I launch Photoshop and change the scratch disk setting to point to the second drive) and then copy the local admin profile over to the default user profile within Windows so that all students get the same settings configured the way we want it.

Now, before I copy the profile over, I test the system thoroughly to make sure that everything is working as it should. AME functions fine prior to the profile copy. However, once I copy the profile over, and I use Sysprep for this because it is the only Microsoft supported solution for profile copying in Windows 7 that I know of, everything functions perfectly except when you go to close AME, it throws this error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:           APPCRASH
        Application Name:    Adobe Media Encoder.exe
        Application Version:  5.0.0.402
        Application Timestamp:        4b90428a
        Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
        Fault Module Version:          9.0.30729.4926
        Fault Module Timestamp:    4a1750b0
        Exception Code:        40000015
        Exception Offset:      0000000000042366
        OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
        Locale ID:      1033
        Additional Information 1:     8229
        Additional Information 2:     822983f92e0fd00f8f437ec0e323139f
        Additional Information 3:     285f
        Additional Information 4:     285f9b2b24a1e8904affbcc4b711d880

I am assuming that Sysprep resets something when it copies the profile because I can log in as the Administrator during the testing phase and this does not happen. Once I sysprep and log in as Administrator again post-sysprep, this happens not only under Administrator, but under every other account that I log in as, both local and domain, and both with admin and non-admin privileges.

I ran the Adobe Updates to no avail. No matter what, this keeps happening.

This is a minor issue as everything does work, it is just that I am getting complaints from students and instructors that this is happening. Again, thank you in advance for your help. I appreciate it wholeheartedly.