3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 8:20 PM by Terry Veiga

MUCH NEEDED (IMAGE SLICING IMPROVEMENTS)

Mycort Level 1

The current feature is very valuable and  useful, has helped me greatly save a lot of time. Aside from being a  great and a powerful feature, it also lacks a lot of other features that  really makes it hard to work with. Below are some improvement idea's I  have working with this for many years now:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------

1) Linking Slices to Layers/Folders
      I'd  like a feature to "link" slices to layers/folders. Currently, if I want  to move my layer or folder to another location. Then I'd have to  manually move the corresponding slice boxes with it....making it  painfully cumbersome. It would be nice to just link the defined slices  with the layer/folder together so that you can easily move all them at  once, instead of separately.

2) Copying and Pasting into another Psd file
      I'd  like a feature to take existing slices from one Psd file and apply it  to another Psd file. There are many times I want to combine all my  slices into one file, so it would be great to simply copy/paste these or  drag/drop slices into another Psd file. Research the web and you will  find others who really need this feature.

3) List View
      When  you have a lot of slices created, it would be really helpful to see all  these slices in a "List view" type of dialog so you can see all the  filenames, sizes, url links of these slices, all in one place. It would  be good if you can also rename and edit a lot of the info in this  dialog. A thumbnail preview of each slice would also be a good addition  to this list view as well.  This way, it's easier to parse and see all  the slices and edit in one place. Below is an example of what you can  show:

Thumb      /        Name      /       Box Size      /      File Size       /       Url
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------
      FPO                   Slice 1               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 2               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 3               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 4               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 5               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 6               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 7               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 8               45x132                45kb            www.123.com
      FPO                   Slice 9               45x132                45kb            www.123.com

Please help me get this feature implemented by agreeing to this post....