2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2007 6:16 PM by Tim_cooper

Show/Hide layers shared between pages

Tim_cooper
      I'm using fireworks for UI mock-ups, where traditionally frames=page states. With CS3, the intention is to have Pages represent page states.

In FW8, I am able to create a shared layer and only show it to the frames I want it in. As I move from layer to layer, the show/hide state of each layer is preserved for that frame.

In CS3, I can create a shared layer and only add it to the frames I want it in. But the show/hide state of the layer is not preserved for each page, it is a universal setting for all pages.

Am I missing something?
        • 1. Re: Show/Hide layers shared between pages
          Level 7
          Tim_cooper wrote:
          > I'm using fireworks for UI mock-ups, where traditionally frames=page states.
          > With CS3, the intention is to have Pages represent page states.
          >
          > In FW8, I am able to create a shared layer and only show it to the frames I
          > want it in. As I move from layer to layer, the show/hide state of each layer is
          > preserved for that frame.
          >
          > In CS3, I can create a shared layer and only add it to the frames I want it
          > in. But the show/hide state of the layer is not preserved for each page, it is
          > a universal setting for all pages.
          >
          > Am I missing something?
          >

Can you post a link to the PNG file, Tim?

--
          Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
          Extending Knowledge, Daily
          http://www.communityMX.com/
          CommunityMX - Free Resources:
          http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
          ---
          .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Show/Hide layers shared between pages
            Tim_cooper Level 1
            I'm unable to post the file to the public forum but I have emailed it to your contact address with additional comments.