0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2010 3:55 PM by Michael V Baker

Customizing the AIR install experience

Michael V Baker

I've been searching for hours to gather information on customizing the AIR application installation experience. I'd like to find out if it's possible to

- programmatically set the install folder?

- create a custom shortcut that includes a command line param that is created by the installer?

The goal is to have a single application that reads data from one of many sources. We want to be able to install the application with one or more of these source data collections without having to have multiple installers, one installer for each source. Is this something that can be done? I know I can use the invoke event in the application to get the arguments and I know that arguments can be included in the start-up with a .lnk file (Windoze shortcut). How can I create such a thing with an AIR install?

While we're on the subject, where can I find any documentation on what installer customization is possible? I found something on install badges but it didn't seem to fit and looks like it's from AIR 1.x days. I found something on native installers but the only item I could find was how to create the standard native install on a MAC. Again, no customizing was discussed and I couldn't find one for Windoze. I also looked at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS789ea67d3e73a8b22388411123785d839c-8000.html but the app I'm working with doesn't support extendedDesktop (not sure why I would want to at this point, nor why it would be required in order to create an exe installer). Is there some info out there on installers?

TIA,

Mike