4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2010 1:25 AM by shooternz

Premiere Not Using GPU

Aegenesis

I've been trying to render a few files using my 470 but it only seems to be using my 930 instead, and to make things more concise, I have the exact same issue this guy is having:

• 1. Re: Premiere Not Using GPU
          shooternz Level 6

I am sure someone will point you in the direction of this:  (its a hardware / CS5 benchmarking system that could be of value to you )

http://ppbm5.com/

• 2. Re: Premiere Not Using GPU
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Care to tell us what your exact problem is under what circumstances with what source material and export settings? The YouTube clip is hard to understand, because of the lousy audio quality.

• 3. Re: Premiere Not Using GPU
              Aegenesis Level 1

Well in a nutshell, I'm attempting to get some gpu acceleration on encoding/transcoding a rather large batch of videos that is fairly large in size (to h264) using premiere/media encoder. Ideally, I figured that if I somehow manage to get gpu acceleration on premiere to work the other will too, but I've been struggling with that for the past several days.

Premiere shows the option for gpu acceleration and software acceleration - I selected the option for hardware yet when encoding and editing videos, the cpu is substantially under heavy load while the gpu remains idle...I don't quite understand as the latest premiere does provide 470 support?

• 4. Re: Premiere Not Using GPU
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Keep in mind that encoding/decoding of H.264 material is done by the CPU, not by the GPU. If you were to scale your material, like when encoding to MPEG2-DVD, that scaling would be done by the GPU, showing much more performance gains.