7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 8:55 PM by scubbasteve302

Why Do I Keep Getting Project Must Be Converted Message?

Stock House Group

I keep getting this message or a message similar to it every time I open a project that I have downloaded and want to edit and use... and ideas why I keep getting and how do I convert these projects to make them work? A couple examples of messages I get at open of project:

After Effects: This project must be converted from version 9.0.2 (Macintosh Intel) and will open as an untitled project. The original file will be unchanged.

After Effects:  This project must be converted from version 9.0 (Windows) and will open as an untitled project. The original file will be unchanged.

Once I get this message it allows me to work on the project, but then when I try to render it, I get this message (which I assume is because the project was opened as an untitled project and no longer has the same file name as opened):

The directory originally specified in the selected output module no longer exists.

Any help would be appreciated, and I have window and I am using AE CS5 10.0.0 ... Thanks in advance