0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2010 6:59 PM by mgargiullo

Adding a button in an Advanced Data Grid that calls a AS function

mgargiullo

I'm having a bit of trouble with this... maybe I'm missing something elementary.

I have a data grid that populates.  I'd like to make the first column that currently displays the an ID display a button that executes a function that acts on the passed ID.

I can get the button to display, but when I click it, I get an error:

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property userlistDeleteUserFunc not found on Main and there is no default value.

at userGrid/__lblData_click()[C:\Users\Mike\\src\userGrid.mxml:7]

So the grid looks like this:

Main.mxml:

<script tags...>

private function userlistDeleteUserFunc(id:Number):void{

Alert.show(id.toString());

}

</script tags>

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid x="10" y="12" id="userlistgrid" width="808" height="348" dataProvider="{userlistdata}" selectionMode="multipleCells" editable="true" enabled="true" sortableColumns="true">

<mx:columns>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn width="90" dataField="id" headerText=" " editable="false" />

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Username" dataField="username" editable="false"/>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Last Name" dataField="last" editable="true"/>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="First Name" dataField="first" editable="true"/>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Email Address" dataField="email" editable="true"/>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Phone" dataField="phone" editable="true"/>

</mx:columns>

<mx:rendererProviders>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider dataField="id" renderer="userGrid" columnIndex="0" />

</mx:rendererProviders>

</mx:AdvancedDataGrid>

And the renderer:

userGrid.mxml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:MXAdvancedDataGridItemRenderer xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

focusEnabled="true">

<s:Label text="{data.id}"/>

<s:Button id="lblData" top="0" left="0" right="0" bottom="0" label="Delete" click="{parentApplication.userlistDeleteUserFunc(data.id)}" />

</s:MXAdvancedDataGridItemRenderer>