3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2010 9:01 AM by kglad

Navigation - Section Problem - ERROR:1009

Jonas Philippon

Hello.

I have a problem with my navigation in my Flash site. I don't know how to ask this question, because i don't know where the problem lies, but i'll try anyway.

I have a flash site where my navigation is build up by a loop with textfields, with 3 EventListeners (Click, RollOver and RollOut). The navigation uses SWFAddress to change between 6 frames in a MovieClip (SubNavBar).

This MovieClip is the container of the 5 submenus to my navigation buttons. In this MovieClip i have 6 frames, where the 1st is empty ( just with stop(); ) and the 2nd with a code much alike the navigation code, just without the SWFAddress. So it can change between 5 frames in a new MovieClip ones again. - This works great.

But then i have copied the code from frame 2 to frame 3, and changed the "names" so it wouldn't interferer with the code from frame 2. This also works great when i test it. - Now i have the subnavigation to Button 1 and Button 2.

When i test this, and i press the button 1 first and the button 2 second (Frame 2 first, then Frame 3) there is no problem. If i press button 2 first and button 1 second (Frame 3 first, then Frame 2), then button 2 doesn't work, and i get the error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
      at test_fla::SubNavBar_1/frame3()
      at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndStop()
      at test_fla::MainTimeline/animateIn()
      at Function/ h t t p://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
      at com.greensock.core::TweenCore/complete()
      at com.greensock::TweenLite/renderTime()
      at com.greensock.core::SimpleTimeline/renderTime()
      at com.greensock::TweenLite$/updateAll()

Button 1 still work though, and if i press the button 2 afterwords it work again.

I hope this was understandable? s:

Jonas Philippon