5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2006 1:38 AM by codeliquid

Error Nevers Goes Away - Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.

WestSide Level 1
      Hi,

Sorry about the double post, hit submit twice on accident.

I am trying to use web services, and always get this error, off and on I have tried to use them but this always happens which leads to constant frustration.

The error is: Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.

1. I am using Windows 2000, IIS, Coldfusion 7 (I believe with the latest updater)

2. My cfc function/method has the following set, access="remote" returntype="query"

3. I can view the WSDL file in my browser by using this: http://www.mydomain.com/com/abc/foo.cfc?wsdl

4. I have tried registering my web service (I shouldn't have to, it is supposed to do it by itself, either way, I can't successfully register it and registration does not happen automatically.

5. I have tried using <cfscript> and the <cfinvoke> tag. I have set the wsdl url to a variable and tried using that, etc, etc.

In short, I always come back to this error. Can someone please assist, I have searched and read other threads with this error, but I can't get it to work and its a great feature and I know others use it with CF, but I always get this error. The CFC only has 1 function in it, just makes a basic db call and returns a recordset. The problem is not there, I am using a returntype and access="remote", so it *should* work.

Please let me know if you can help.

Best regards,

-ws