2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 11:49 PM by PsyJaye

Officejet printin too high leaving well over 1" margin at bottom...

PsyJaye

Officejet Printer page adjustment/positioning

Trying to print a manual from pdf with several hundred pp.'s so I selected the most damaged items for replacement and only then noticed the print seems to start high and above one inch mArgin. When I went into Adobe first and then HP to correct and center between the gutter no option except for page right & left collation. It seems as if the page begins to print from inside the header leaving much more than an inch of margin at the bottom however the page numbering placed almost perfectly. Any suggestions? Jsp

• 1. Re: Officejet printin too high leaving well over 1" margin at bottom...
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You don't give us much to go on. We need the version of Reader, OS, and the page size of the document. But it sounds like that the page size is much larger than page its printing to. You want to change the scaling option to shrink to fit.

• 2. Re: Officejet printin too high leaving well over 1" margin at bottom...
            PsyJaye Level 1

I neglected to mention I'm using MS Windows v.xp.3 in A.Reader v.9.3.4 with HP Officejet J4540 - MK- you may be onto something but where to change? at 94% the math doesn't seem to work out  for the prtr becathe prt preview shows less than 8.5 @ 8.29 inches wide by 11.57 which is over 1/2 " more than 11 inches hgt with standard 81/2x11" inkjet paper. The page seems to be riding high up into the header with well over 1" margin at bottom yet the page number is properly in the foot at the right side of page bottom. I do not see where to adjust the printer or the program~~...~~any suggestions that may be helpful? I would like to put this 147 two sided (printed on front and back) manual back together in a manner beffitting the cost of the digital recorder it seeks to expound and explain. Thanks for the consideration ~ J ~