3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 8:29 PM by nados

Clip notes alternative for CS5 other than CS REVIEW?

nados Level 1

Hi all,

While i don't begrudge adobe for creating a new revenue stream with CS Review.... I was wondering if anyone has come up with a Clip Notes alternative other than CS Review?

I know i can export a clip with timecode but i like the way Clip Notes worked. I had no problem emailing or ftping the pdf file to the client.

• 1. Re: Clip notes alternative for CS5 other than CS REVIEW?
          dradeke Adobe Employee

There is no other solution available from Adobe at least.

As for a revenue stream, it's included with the CS5 suite - at least for now.  It does not cost receipients anything in order to review or comment on a CS Review that you initiate with them.

hope this helps,

Dennis

• 2. Re: Clip notes alternative for CS5 other than CS REVIEW?
            IDEAS-Training Level 1

I don't think Adobe thought this out completely... I don't have an issue with paid services, but the majority of my clients (corporations, defense contractors, and government agencies) cannot use CS Review or any on-line service due to security and privacy reasons. Clip Notes (for all its problems) was a nice option for reviewing.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Clip notes alternative for CS5 other than CS REVIEW?
              nados Level 1

Well....

For now, I'll just overlay the timecode effect on the video, render it out to a wmv file that's about half the size of the original and put it on my ftp server for the client to pick up and review. They can email the timecode changes.

I really hate it that Adobe keeps adding and removing features.  It's hard to do without a feature that you've come to expect will be there when you upgrade and that you've gotten use to.  If they really want to try something out, make it a plugin.