2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 3:29 AM by fellowscot

Compiling video error premiere elements 8

fellowscot

Hi

Sorry this question has been asked before and has been given some input.

When i had first installed PE8 ( 10/08/2010 ) and created a short video into mpeg format, it had worked but since then i have not been able to 'share' in any format whatsoever.

I always end up with this message 'Error compiling movie' uknown error'

I have tried doing what was the replys to a post about updating drivers but still the same message appears.

Could it be a codec issue? Apart from that I have no ideas left on what to do to fix this problem.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Compiling video error premiere elements 8
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Since you last successfully Exported/Shared, have you made any changes at all to the Timeline?

The reason that I ask this is that often, something as simple as a gap in the Video portion of the Timeline can yield a failure to compile, as can some Assets.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Compiling video error premiere elements 8
            fellowscot Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

The first movie i created worked fine with video and mp3.

In fact i have changed the content within the timeline for my 2nd video but there are no gaps.

Am using the same files as i did before.  This time i had added stills to the video.

I have tried deleting the stills and tryed to export but same error message.

I havent installed or removed anything on my computer.

I've even gone back to my first video i try to export but to a different format but error message pops up again.