5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 1:02 AM by Harm Millaard

Exposure

volondo Level 1

Hi, just captured some footage that was lit well and recorded with the right exposure. On CS5 this footage is a bit dark. Is there a setting, not brightness and contrast, that I can use to open up the exposure a bit more?

Thanks

Ed

• 1. Re: Exposure
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Video on a computer monitor is not always correct

Do some test editing and write a DVD-RW and play on a TV

• 2. Re: Exposure
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I agree with John.  Don't ever use the internal Premiere monitors for quality control.  Always use a properly calibrated external TV of the best quality you can afford, preferably CRT.

• 3. Re: Exposure
              the_wine_snob Level 9

What is the material that you are using, and how are you getting it into PrPro, Capture from tape, Import, etc.?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Exposure
                volondo Level 1

Im capturing miniDV,25fps I think. actually, it's a cinelook preset, using dvx100 from panasonic. which I think is 24p. Oh and in PAL due to me residing in the UK.

• 5. Re: Exposure
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Capturing is a simple digital transfer of data. There is no modification of data during this transfer. However, since you are not sure what you have shot, 24P, 25P or 25i (you should check your camera for that) your best bet is to drop a captured clip on the New Item icon in the project panel to create a new sequence with the proper settings.

If you still have the idea that the exposure is off, this simply means that your monitor is not properly calibrated and unsuitable for quality checking.