2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 5:35 AM by PaddyMc2010

DataGrid Sorting Issues

PaddyMc2010

Dear Good Sirs,

I have encountered a problem with an app of mine where i have a datagrid that i refresh every 30 seconds.  However on the refresh of the dataset i will loose the sorting that i have on my datagrid.  I have trailed the net for various work arounds but so far have been unsuccessful and would appreciate some advice as to how i might be able to get around this issue.  I take the data from a source url to provide and xml list.  Sample below.

//where the data is coming from

mx:HTTPService id="httpGetOffers" url="testURL" method="GET"

resultFormat="e4x" result="doxmltestlist(event)" fault="fault(event)" useProxy="false" />

//my xmllist

[Bindable] private var xmltestlist:XMLList;

/result set

private function doxmltestlist(evt:ResultEvent):void

{

xmltestlist = evt.result.r;

}

//my grid

<mx:Panel title="Offer Bonds Only">

<renders:CitiDataGrid id="dgtestsort" dataProvider="{xmltestlist}" rowCount="20" variableRowHeight="true"totalRowColor="0xCCCCCC" >

<renders:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="1" headerText="test1 sortCompareFunction="{numericSortByField('x')}"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="2" headerText="test2" sortCompareFunction="{numericSortByField('autonegtotaloffers')}"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="3" headerText="test3"  sortCompareFunction="{numericSortByField('done')}"/>

</renders:CitiDataGrid>

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Patrick