5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2009 11:34 AM by kiusau

Cell Bkgrd now  showing up in template pages

duenorth09 Level 1
      I've created my template page "dwt" with a background image in one of the table cells AND a background image in the body of the page. When I create my "child html pages" everything looks OK except the two backgrounds don't show up. They show up fine in the DWT file though. Please see: " http://duenorthdesign.com/micoley/bio_amyw.html" for the page that has the missing background areas. It should look like this page (use for comparison). I have 30 pages to make, so I certainly need to figure this out! Thanks
        • 1. Re: Cell Bkgrd now  showing up in template pages
          Level 7
          file:///Macintosh HD/-PROJECTS-in progress/Micoley &
          Co/WEB-Micoley&Co/SITE_micoley/images/bkgrd.jpg

Your link is pointing to your local hard drive. I would also not use
          spaces in directory names that may be included in a link (can't tell if
          yours would.) Would probably avoid & as well.

Are you working in DW-defined site?

JMS
          • 2. Re: Cell Bkgrd now  showing up in template pages
            duenorth09 Level 1
            Yes, I am working in a Dreamweaver defined site. The site root directory is SITE_micoley and none of my files have spaces.------ Just double-checked my link and YES, you are brilliant! Not sure how I could have done that, I know better! But this is my first attempt at using a template and things got a bit sloppy for a while. THANK YOU!
            • 3. Re: Cell Bkgrd now  showing up in template pages
              duenorth09 Level 1
              Hmm, question... do all my pages that use my template belong on the TEMPLATE directory? Otherwise the links don't work properly. Do they need to be absolute links?
              • 4. Re: Cell Bkgrd now  showing up in template pages
                Level 7
                duenorth09 wrote:

> Yes, I am working in a Dreamweaver defined site. The site root directory is
                > SITE_micoley and none of my files have spaces.------ Just double-checked my
                > link and YES, you are brilliant! Not sure how I could have done that, I know
                > better! But this is my first attempt at using a template and things got a bit
                > sloppy for a while. THANK YOU!

You're very welcome.

JMS
                • 5. Re: Cell Bkgrd now  showing up in template pages
                  kiusau Level 2
                  quote:

Do all my pages that use my template belong on the TEMPLATE directory? Otherwise the links don't work properly. Do they need to be absolute links?

The only thing that should be in your Template folder (directory) are template files suffixed with .dwt.

In general, the links within your template that refer to other documents in your root folder should be relative -- not absolute. This maintains the integrity of your site as a unit that can be picked up and moved anywhere.

If the documents produced from your template are produced properly, they too will exhibit relative links.

Roddy