2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 8:07 AM by cmeira

Converting CR2 to DNG via script?

cmeira Level 1

Hello,

I want to create a script which converts several CR2 files as DNGs (later to create a drag'ndrop-button for this script).

It's not possible to record this steps/these steps. Probably because of the "Camera Raw" module which Photoshop uses after opening a CR2 file.

Thanks.

Carlos

• 1. Re: Converting CR2 to DNG via script?
          Paul Riggott Level 6

You might be better using the stand-alone free DNG converter from Adobe..

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

With this you can do a folder of raw files.

You could even create a batch file do do the convert IE:

Create a .bat file with something on the lines of..

For %%a in (c:\CR2\*.cr2) do "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe DNG Converter.exe" -d c:\DNG %%a

This will process all cr2 files in Folder C:\CR2 and convert them to DNG putting them in C:\DNG

Another possibility would be to create a script passing the command line to the app.system() command (CS4/5)

• 2. Re: Converting CR2 to DNG via script?
            cmeira Level 1
            Another possibility would be to create a script passing the command line to the app.system() command (CS4/5)

Strange, that the app.system()-command is undocumented...

But I created a link to "Adobe DNG Converter.exe" in the sendto-folder (using win7). So I can convert my CR2 files by using the context menu and then hitting the enter key -- these few steps are OK for me and more comfortable then using the RAW converter via Photoshop.

Thanks a lot!