Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running RH8 remotely

Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, my manager wants to install RH8 on a serverinstead of running it locally, so that any authorized developer can update an RH project (he wants to do this in order to maintain a projec i built, as my contract ends this week).  I am concerned that a remote installation is not the best practice. Can you auhorized users confirm my concerns?

Thanks

A. D. Fitzgerald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is it not best practice I think you'll find it contravenes the licence agreement.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was concerned about the licensing as well. There are also severe degradations to the performance as well, right?

I appreciate your input bc I am trying to prevent this action from going forward due to all these concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus it will only run on Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, which is not the usual operating system for a server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think the OS would be an issue in this case, since they plan on using Remote Desktop Connection, but the licensing and performance issues are big enough concerns for the plan not to go through. I have sent an email advising against this plan, and it was very helpful to cite yours and Colum's responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp