5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 10:10 PM by zzppgg

PDF will not open

golfunderpar Level 1

I am having a hard time opening PDF's. I get a error message box with a question mark in the upper left hand corner, and an "ok" button on the botton right. If i click the refresh tab over and over it will open, sometimes taking me 10 tries. what gives?  please advise.

• 1. Re: PDF will not open
          shackmac Level 1

I have the same problem. Someone Please Help There's alot of research I need to get done.

• 2. Re: PDF will not open
            hit.anand Level 1

Which platform/OS are you working on ?

Also, what is the error message that you get on opening a pdf ?

regards,

hit.anand

• 3. Re: PDF will not open
              golfunderpar Level 1

I am running Windows 7.  The error message isn't really an error message, but a rectangle box w/ a "?" in the upper left hand corner of the box and an "ok" button in the lower right.  That's the gist of it.  I try to open and this box appears. I can close the box and hit refresh, going through the pain of closing the box and refreshing, over and over and over, until the PDF loads.

• 4. Re: PDF will not open
                hit.anand Level 1

Hi golfunderpar,

Try repairing your Acrobat/Reader installation.

1.Open Control panel

2. Go to Add/Remove programs

3. Click on Acrobat/Reader entry and click->change/remove

4. Acrobat/Reader dialog box appears.Click next and then click->repair.

• 5. Re: PDF will not open
                  zzppgg Level 1

Thanks for the advise, but, I'm already beyond that. I did my backup and downloaded windows installer cleanup from

http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Installer_CleanUp_Utility_d4459.html .After download When you run the program to install the pop up was labled MICROSOFT OFFICE UPDATE. when this disappeared I found it , Windows Installer Cleanup, in start-all programs. I clicked it and scrolled down to ADOBE READER 9.3.1, highlighted it and clicked remove. It even removed the 9.3.1 update that was labled as unremoveable in my control panel. So then I went to Adobe.com and downloaded the latest version Adobe reader 9.4 , installed , tested and can now print PDFs. Before I was scared to mess up my netbook, but we all have our limits until we start to take these kind of risks into the unknown. Sometimes, even though it can seem like a major burden to register to umpteen forums, It's that extra hassle that gets you over the edge. Again, thanks and  please share this info.

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:04:01 -0600

To: adam.r.g@live.com

Subject: Re: PDF will not open

Hi golfunderpar,

Try repairing your Acrobat/Reader installation.

1.Open Control panel

2. Go to Add/Remove programs

3. Click on Acrobat/Reader entry and click->change/remove

4. Acrobat/Reader dialog box appears.Click next and then click->repair.

>