• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word count in RH7?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was wondering if there's a way to do a word count report of a specific project in RH7.

Regards,

Jared

Latest RH7

Vista 32 bit SP2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

I might think you would do this by generating a Printed Output. This would produce a Word document. You would then obtain the word count from the Word document.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Rick. I was hoping there might be an easier way. Generating the printed output on some projects may not be that much of an issue, but for my main project (with approx 2800 thousands in 40 subfoldres) I have to generate the printed output in iterative steps of different folders of topics (maybe 6 folders at a time), otherwise RH skips outputting some information. This takes considerable time. Do later versions of RH have word count as a report option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you have RoboHelp 8, it includes a script called "Word Count" that you can run to give you a word count.

However, can't say I've ever used it and/or how accurate or reliable it may be.

Out of idle curiosity, why would a word count matter? Are you perhaps billing someone based on the number of words?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My boss asked for a topic count. I figured I'd send him both topic count and word count. This information is used internally to see project growth over time and also to gauge approximate impact on translation into our supported languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp