10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 1:35 PM by Akshat B

Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video

Pete Marshall Level 4

I have exported a video at my settings for HD on Vimeo. These settings worked perfectly with Premier 8. However in 9 no sound ! I am using the full activated version. Video exported at lower quality settings (for u-tube) works fine, but at the higher quality it is not exporting the sound in the outputted m2t file.

The settings are PAL 1920x1080, 25 fps, Dolby Digital, 320 kbs, 48 khz

VBR, 1 Pass, Target 20.00, Max 21.00 Mbps

Source files are 1920x1080, 25 fps, 48000Hz Stereo

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm assuming your source video is from an AVCHD camcorder. Is that right?

If so, are you sure this camcorder shoots in stereo and not in 5.1 audio?

What type of camcorder is your source video coming from?

• 2. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
            the_wine_snob Level 9

In your Export/Share options, make sure to check that you have also set your Multiplexer tab to anything but "None." In most settings, this will be "DVD," regardless of whether you are doing HD, or SD.

So, you need both Export Audio and Export Video, plus Multiplexer set to "DVD."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
              bfindley@ddicad.com

In the multiplexer options in Premiere Elements 9, the only options are TS and none. When I select TS, the program gives me an error saying Adobe Media Encoder: "Some of the required components could not be found. Try reinstalling the application". This is when selecting the MPEG2 or H.264 preset and then "Advanced..." I can find no way to output H.264 with audio to a file on the computer.

• 4. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
                Pete Marshall Level 4

OK...thanks for answers so far, but not helping. The Mulitiplexing is set to TS. The sound has been added in the edit and is not the sound from the camera, the camera is a Lumix GF-1 with hack settings 3, if that means anything to you...it produces full FHD AVCHD files, sound from this camera is rubbish and no microphone socket so is removed in post, can't see why the camera would make any difference any way.. The settings are as described above. in the OP. The settings worked in v 8 and not in v 9. The settings for lower resolution, outputting to u-tube as HD work. Not sure what else I can do other than revert to using v 8 at present which I don't want to do as 9 runs much better and hasn't got the horrible interface that 8 had. I got a free upgrade as brought in the window. I haven't edited much video recently and use Final Cut when I did, however I don't require pro level editing so wanted to use Elements. The output settings do seem to be rather limited even when you go into advanced, no AAC for sound for instance.

By the way, links to example videos the first outputted from v 8 which contains sound.

The second from v 9 which doesn't.

• 5. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
                  Akshat B Adobe Employee

bfindley@ddicad.com wrote:

In the multiplexer options in Premiere Elements 9, the only options are TS and none. When I select TS, the program gives me an error saying Adobe Media Encoder: "Some of the required components could not be found. Try reinstalling the application". This is when selecting the MPEG2 or H.264 preset and then "Advanced..." I can find no way to output H.264 with audio to a file on the computer.

Have you tried reinstalling Premiere Elements 9. It seems that there was some problem with your previous installtion.

• 6. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
                    Akshat B Adobe Employee

Hi Pete...have you tried playing the video clip in any other media player (like VLC) after exporting it to .m2t. Can you  please confirm the following:

1. The source video is PAL AVCHD .

2. You have have added the audio while editing the clip in premiere Elements and placed the audio in Audio Track 1 or narration.

3. The audio is enabled for Audio Track 1.

4. When the same project is played inside Premiere Elements 9 editor. Are you getting the sound?

6.  Can you please try reinstalling Premiere Elements 9 and try the same procedure again?

-Akshat

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
                      Pete Marshall Level 4

It does play with sound in VLC...which makes me think this may be more of a problem at the Vimeo end. I will review their settings, as in Elements there are none that exactly match the settings they reccomend..

As far as the other questions go

1. PAL AVCHD indeed

2 and 3 The music is placed in the soundtrack and is enabled.

4 Yes

I think I will check out Vimeo end before reinstalling as reinstalling stuff is usually pointless in my experience.

• 8. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
                        bfindley@ddicad.com Level 1

I have tried re-installing. I am using Windows 7 x64. I wonder if that's the problem. So I should be able to create a single multiplexed file using the "H.264 1920x1080i 30" MPEG preset?

• 9. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video-solution
                          Pete Marshall Level 4

Trying to follow the recommended compression settings for Vimeo is a little hard with Elements. Here's the ones I used that finally worked. This with FHD video from my hacked GF-1 at the highest settings in pTool. The result on Vimeo is pretty good...although the file size is large. Obviously if you are USA based you need to change from the PAL settings.

Select MPEG. from the share panel

Preset MPEG2 1920x108i 25 (for PAL)

Quality 4, Upper Dolby Digital, 192,48 kHz VBR, 1 Pass, Min 18.00, Target 25.00, Max 30 Mbps

This from source file as FHD 1920x1080,25 fps, 48000 Hz Stereo.

Might be usful for any body else using Vimeo

• 10. Re: Elements 9 - no sound on export of HD video
                            Akshat B Adobe Employee

bfindley@ddicad.com wrote:

I have tried re-installing. I am using Windows 7 x64. I wonder if that's the problem. So I should be able to create a single multiplexed file using the "H.264 1920x1080i 30" MPEG preset?

Yes in PRE9, by default the multiplexing is set to TS for Share-->MPEG-->MPEG 1920x1080i 30 and other MPEG2 blu-ray presets.

-Akshat