5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 4:05 PM by Nando Vieira

How did you learn Fireworks?

Nando Vieira Level 1

I started learning Fireworks by watching the lynda.com videos. After going through all the lynda.com videos I will purchase a book or two on Fireworks CS5.

How did you learn Fireworks and are there any books you would recommend?

• 1. Re: How did you learn Fireworks?
          Nando Vieira Level 1

So it just come naturally to everyone else or what, lol..

I have not been able to locate many books yet on Fireworks CS5.

In fact only one that seems to be available so far is, Adobe Fireworks CS5 Classroom in a Book.

Looks like Adobe Fireworks CS5 Bible should be out Monday the 18th.

I've always liked playing around with code and Dreamweaver CS5 was the first adobe product I purchased. Dreamweaver CS5 is awesome, but I have to say that I have really been enjoying working with Fireworks CS5. Fireworks is a lot of fun. I have really been enjoying playing around with it and learning just what it's capable of.

Will do some more searching, but I think come Monday I will order Adobe Fireworks CS5 Bible.

• 2. Re: How did you learn Fireworks?
            Jim_Babbage Level 4

Defintely wait until the the bible is actually released. That date may only be an estimate from the book seller and not an actual release date, so do not pre-order it by paying ahead of time.

As for other learning tools, available now, there's Lynda.com, CommunityMX.com, Adobe TV, my book (Classroom in a Book), The Fireworks Dev Center (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks.html), fireworkszone.com, fireworksguruforum.com that come to mind.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How did you learn Fireworks?
              Nando Vieira Level 1

Jim you are one of the authors for Adobe Fireworks CS5 Classroom in a Book? That's great!

When I started searching for Fireworks books I searched for your name to start with because I have really enjoyed your video's on lynda.com.

The only book that came up by searching your name was Adobe Fireworks CS4 How-Tos : 100 Essential Techniques (How-Tos Series).

The Classroom in a Book list it as by Adobe Creative Team, no names listed as to who is on the team that I could find.

Will there be more to the Classroom in a book then what I have seen on your lynda.com videos?

I don't believe I have heard of fireworkszone.com before now. Going to check them out.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: How did you learn Fireworks?
                Jim_Babbage Level 4

Nope I'm not one of the authors.   I am *the* author. ;-)  I had a great tech editor (Sheri German) and a great content editor (Brie Gynclid) but I'm the author.   Both the cib and my lynda.com training are introductory courses but they use different assets.  There are similar topics but the material is presented a little differently. It really depends on how you learn best.   Does that help?

• 5. Re: How did you learn Fireworks?
                  Nando Vieira Level 1

Hey Jim that's great! Your book is on my list to order Monday.

I really like the video's, but I love books too.