2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 7:11 PM by the_wine_snob

Picture Quality is bad

txstatebobcat

Im new to this thing. I tried to import a highlights that i have on a DVD and when i do it says Adobe is not responding.. So i rip the dvd and saved it to my computer the quality is pretty desent. But when i import it to adobe the picture quality is pretty bad. I imported a sample video that came with my computer and that video quality is bad also. I wanna is know is it just like that because its on adobe or is it going to burn like that or what??? Help gettin really frustrated..

• 1. Re: Picture Quality is bad
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you created a new project in Premiere Elements, did you select the project settings for a DVD or hard drive camcorder? This is vital to a successful project.

Also, did you use Premiere Elements' Video Importer to capture the video from the DVD to your hard drive and into your project? This also is very important.

Finally, when you placed the clips on your timeline, did you see a red line above the video clips from the DVD? If so, you need to render your video by pressing the Enter key. When the video is rendered, the red line will turn green and your video should look more like your final output will.

For illustrations of some of these basic steps, have a look at my free Basic Training for Premiere Elements tutorials at videomaker support site Muvipix.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

And I explain all of the what's and how's of the program's tools in even more detail in my books, available on Amazon.com and at the Muvipix store.

You really should check them out if you really want to understand how to make this program work.

• 2. Re: Picture Quality is bad
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Steve's comments, this ARTICLE might be useful too.

Good luck,

Hunt