4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2010 2:14 AM by pwillener

Conflict between Adobe Reader & Foxit Reader

1rstew

Well, I know this is simple for some but I just installed a program that included a new reader called Foxit and although I denied it permission to set itself up as my primary PDF viewer during the installation process it still somehow managed to bump the Adobe Reader into the land of no return and to make matters worse the Foxit Reader won't even work properly since every "New" PDF file I've tried to open since it took over brings up an error box telling me Foxit Reader has encountered a problem and windows explorer needs to close. It also keeps telling me that if I want to direct another Reader as the primary PDF viewer I need to open the other reader of choice and set it as the primary first. WHAT A CROCK! So what I need to do is somehow find a way to make Adobe Reader my primary reader again. Does anybody know how to do this? I can't find that option anywhere within the adobe reader itself and I have'nt found this problem posted anywhere that I have looked. And believe me... I've looked all over the Adobe FAQ and Knowledge base with no luck. So I did a google search on Foxit Reader and found a way to un-install the Foxit Reader but I don't won't to lose the program that came with it as the program is strictly dependent on it. In other words the program will not work without the Foxit Reader.

Anyway, that's what I'm up against and I'd sure appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks a bunch!

1rstew