2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 5:32 PM by JoeDaSilva

Poor Text quality

Jewel Queen

I have created a website from scratch in Dreamweaver CS5.  Created all the graphics in Fireworks CS5.  When exporting slices to DW,  the text is fuzzy and looks terrible live.   What can I do to have sharp text.   Tried anti-alias ( all options).   Should I create text elsewhere or is there a setting to compensate for the pixel images?

to view example - www.ccepharma-ware.com

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Poor Text quality
          Jim_Babbage Level 4

A great deal of this sample should be reproduced as HTML text, not text optimized as images. This page sample is more of a prototype rather than a finished web page, because it's all graphics.

As for improving the text quality in areas where it needs to be part of a graphic, consider exporting as gif format (for solid color) or using the Selective quality feature for jpeg export.

Jim Babbage

• 2. Re: Poor Text quality
            JoeDaSilva Level 4

When you export an image at a specific size, that's the size it has to remain. You can't change the image dimensions in Dreamweaver, otherwise you get the distorted/blurry effect you see.

You've taken this graphic here:

...and resized it to "100%".

That's not how web design works I'm afraid.

Your best bet is to stop what you're doing, and either pick up a book on HTML/CSS, subscribe to a site like Lynda.com, or read over some basic web design tutorials and come back to this venture at the beginning again.

Good luck!