• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary terms do not work in some topics in the same project

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had a problem with glossay terms working in some topics but not others? I drop and drag the glossary term into the topic and it appears in the appropriate color. In some topics, the preview and generated WebHelp has working glossary terms (the in-line definition appears when the term is clicked). In other topics in the same project, the glossary terms are just black in preview and when generated in WebHelp. The "glos" HTML surrounding the same terms in different topics is identical.

I will print the HTML to compare the whole topics. Does anyone know something to look for that might make the feature work in some topics but not others?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the topic using different style sheets (.css files)?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same style sheet is used. However, the topics created with a Master Page are the ones where glossary entries don't work. When I look at the Topic Properties, Appearance, Style Sheet, the css has a asterisk (*) after it. Per teh Appearance Tab, the asterisk: "Indicates default property for the currently selected Master Page. So, I think there must be a problem with the Master Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that going to Topic Properties, then changing the Master Page selection from my master page to "none" gets rid of the problem. However, I would like to use the Master Page. It was generated in RH8 and all my topics are new. Does anyone know what might be in a Master Page that causes glossary items to not display the color or in-line definition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new master page and attaching the CSS file to it and then that to the topics. Does that get rid of the issue?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a few hours analyzing this. There are a few lines in the HTML that cause the glossary link to not work.

The screen may be small here, but this shows where the link does not work. The link looks okay in the WYSIWYG RH screen. It is black (not linked) in the preview pane. The HTML that is different from the working version is boxed in the last screen shot. I'll post the comparison for what does work. It is really a few lines and the HTML is pretty commonly used... like bolding. 

Glossary does not work-screen, preview, html.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the comparison where the link works. I boxed the HTML lines that are different. I think this problem has less to do with my Master Page than with the HTML in the Master Page. As you can see, this "working version" also has a numbered list. It works without the numbered list also.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Glossary does work-screen, preview, html.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp