4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2010 4:09 AM by deansy55

calendar view

Level 1

hi,

i have created a view in my database and wondered has anyone ever or know of a simple way using addt, maybe with some nested regions to create a calendar view?

i want to basically have the days listed, along with the ability to view the week, day and year.  do no need to add or edit only view the event and its details.

appreciate if anyone knows how this can be done using some of the addt features.

i know interakt had a calendar built in so wondered if it is possible with addt?

thanks

• 1. Re: calendar view
          Günter Schenk Level 4

As far as I can recall (very long time ago, LOL), Interakt´s Calendar extension was based on some pretty wicked special recordsets which had nothing to do with the standard MXKollection/ADDT recordsets for creating Dynamic Lists and Forms.

I do think it´s possible to realize a comparatively simple listing the way you want it, but something like this does not require ADDT at all, because it´s based on manually modified standard recordsets which use standard MySQL date and time functions

Cheers,

Günter

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: calendar view
            Level 1

thanks gunter, as i say i have created the view in mysql of the dates i want to display.

i have downloaded numerous php/mysql calendars but all have their own setup and database file and i want to somehow fit it into the existing application.

my php knowledge is minimal, is there a way if i produce the recordset from my view of using any of the wizards to create a calendar type view?

thanks again

• 3. Re: calendar view
              Günter Schenk Level 4

deansy55 wrote:

thanks gunter, as i say i have created the view in mysql of the dates i want to display.

Oops, didn´t realize you were talking about the MySQL 5+ "View" feature.

is there a way if i produce the recordset from my view of using any of the wizards to create a calendar type view?

Better give this a try yourself, however I have heard that (I´m quoting from a post by some other user in a different forum...), although they´re displayed in the Server Behaviours panel, "views on their own are not natively supported in Dreamweaver" -- and if they´re indeed unsupported as many say, Dreamweavers (and ADDT´s) Wizards might assumingly refuse to integrate them into the Recordset Builder.

my php knowledge is minimal

I guess you need to familiarize yourself with the View syntax in order to produce recordsets which use Vews -- that´s certainly doable, but Dreamweaver will not be able to provide any automatism here.

Cheers,

Günter

• 4. Re: calendar view
                Level 1

thanks gunter, i have used views with addt and dreamweaver at it works fine displaying and filtering the data.

what i meant was a way of using a wizard like interface like addt to create a calendar view of the data.

it is in hand now though, managed to get another user to create it for me.

thanks anyway