2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2010 12:31 AM by ccay

problem with white flicker behind button when clicked

ccay

Hi,

I am having a problem with the menu in my application. Whenever a menu item (button) is clicked there is a quick flicker of a white box right behind the button that is clicked.

I have a few ideas what the problem might be but I don't know how to solve any of them...

Alt 1:

I have an animation behind the menu that is triggered when a button is clicked, could it be that which is the problem? In that case is there anything I can do about it like manipulating the displaylists etc.?

Alt 2:

I am using firefox on a mac and my collegue is using IE on a PC, and he does not seem to have the problem (or his computer is too quick so he does not notice it). Maybe it is a bug in firefox or the flashplayer?

Alt 3:

Maybe it is in the rendering of the buttons themselves? Do I need to put backgroundAlpha=0 everywhere or something like it? (I have tried that in a few places but it did not seem to make any difference.)

If anyone has seen this behaviour before or has any ideas on what could be causing it, I would be very grateful for the help.