2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2010 9:10 PM by foldol

Pantone for Textiles

foldol

I am designing apparel for women.  What is the best pantone selection in the color books to get accurate colors.  For instance I have swatches of yarn, black is 500, Turquoise is 870 and navy is 839.  I want to use the correct pantone selection in color books; there are many such as pantone solid coated or pantone solid matte etc.  Which one do I use?

Thanks

foldol

• 1. Re: Pantone for Textiles
          MJOrts Level 3

Hi foldol,

Are you referring to the physical pantone color swatch booklets, or the pantone color books inside of Photoshop when you go to color picker and select [libraries]?

Are the numbers you are referring to numbers from a pantone color book?  Are they pantone colors and you're not sure what specific book they come from?

If you could give a brief sketch of your workflow (what software you're using to make designs, what output media it goes to: print, web, etc.) that might help us figure out a solution.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Pantone for Textiles
            foldol Level 1

MJOrts

Thank you very much for your response.  I am learning Illustrator because I am designing knit clothing for women.  I intend to sketch and design directly in Illustrator once I become more proficient with the program.  I will get my work flow and the information on the swatches organized so I do not confuse the issue, lol.

Thank you again, I am very green and all your help is very much appriciated.   I will get back to you soon.

foldol